If you let out a UK residence you are naturally liable to UK income tax on the net profit. That is the case even if you are not tax resident in the UK, but that does not mean you have to pay any CGT on the gain on sale if you live abroad. Well, not at the moment anyway, as from 6 April 2015 a CGT charge will be introduced on future gains made by non-residents disposing of UK residential property. A consultation on how best to introduce this will be published in early 2014. Again, the timing of any sale will be all important.